CHAIN FREE, WITH SHARE OF FREEHOLD & LONG REMAINING LEASE OF 990 YEARS – An unusual duplex apartment with serious wow factor! Enjoying glorious, far-reaching views to the south, this spacious home forms part of a grand Victorian house conversion, perched atop the Greensand Ridge and positioned at the end of Stoneswood Road, which weaves peacefully through the ancient woodland of Limpsfield Chart, where inviting footpaths abound at every turn. Offered to the market chain free and with a share of the freehold, the apartment offers well-proportioned accommodation with elevated ceiling heights characteristic of the period, to include three double sized bedrooms, one of which benefits from its own shower room. Storage has been thoughtfully considered and integrated throughout, ensuring that everything has a place and can be kept easily to hand. The modern kitchen encompasses a full gamut of integrated appliances as well as space for a breakfast table and chairs should one wish. Externally there are circa 7 acres of communal gardens to enjoy, together with convenient residents’ parking. A single garage space within a nearby old stable block is included within the sale. Oxted with its superb selection of day-to-day amenities to include Morrisons and Waitrose supermarkets and mainline station (connecting to London Bridge and Victoria in under 40 minutes) is within a convenient five minute’ drive.
- CHAIN FREE DUPLEX APARTMENT WITH PRIVATE ENTRANCE
- VICTORIAN HOUSE CONVERSION
- DESIRABLE SEMI-RURAL LOCATION
- LONG REMAINING LEASE OF 990 YEARS & SHARE OF FREEHOLD
- THREE BEDROOMS ( ONE WITH EN SUITE)
- SITTING ROOM/DINING ROOM WITH STUNNING VIEWS
- KITCHEN WITH INTEGRATED APPLIANCES
- 7 ACRES OF COMMUNAL GROUNDS
- SINGLE GARAGE SPACE EN BLOC & RESIDENTS’ PARKING
- COMMUTER-FRIENDLY - 5 MINUTE DRIVE TO OXTED MAINLINE STATION
POINTS OF NOTE:
•Welcoming and practical entrance hall with floor-to-ceiling storage cupboards to house outdoorwear and other day-to-day essentials
• Kitchen with a range of modern Shaker style cupboards/drawers with laminate counters over and tiled splashbacks. Inset four ring gas hob with extractor canopy over and integrated electric multifunctional oven below, integrated washer/dryer, full size dishwasher and stainless steel sink with mixer tap and drainer. Space for an upright fridge/freezer and room for a breakfast table and chairs. Wall mounted gas fired Vaillant boiler and inset ceiling spots
• Bright and spacious, triple aspect, open plan sitting/dining room, enjoying elevated southerly views over the rear lawn
• Principal bedroom with feature bay window to the side and outlook over a communal terrace area. Ample space to site or fit wardrobes and accompanying furniture
• Additional double bedroom with a view to the side, which would work equally well as a study/home office, should one wish
• Bathroom with suite of full-length panelled bath with shower over and fitted glass screen, close-coupled WC and floor-mounted vanity cabinet with inset basin and storage. Heated towel rail and vinyl flooring
• Inner hall enjoying superb natural light via a central rooflight, with stairs ascending to the upper floor and useful understairs’ cupboard
• Dual aspect, upper bedroom catering for a double bed with ease, appointed with eaves’ storage cupboards and a railed wardrobe to the landing area. Door to an en suite shower room comprising an enclosure, pedestal basin, WC and heated towel warmer, as well as additional eaves’ storage cupboard
• Externally the property benefits from an oversized single garage space (Length - 4.86m x Width - 2.47m x Height - 3.08m) within a historic stable block, located within 100m of the apartment’s entrance. Residents’ parking (unallocated) is situated within closer proximity to the front door
Limpsfield Chart is a sought after hamlet located to the south of Limpsfield Village. There is a local church, public house and cricket ground and the property is surrounded by National Trust Common Land. The town of Oxted with its comprehensive range of shops, schools and a mainline station to London, is situated 1.2 miles away from the property.
From our offices in Westerham head west on A25. After approximately 2 miles, turn left into Kent Hatch Road. Take the second right into Brick Kiln Lane. After a short distance and just after the National Trust car park on your right, take the first turning right into Stoneswood Road. Broadway will be found at the very end of the road.
SERVICES, INFORMATION & OUTGOINGS:
1948 conversion of an 1890 building.
Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage
Council Tax Band D - (Tandridge) £2,233.71 2023/24
Share of Freehold (Broadway Limpsfield Common Ltd – managed by freeholders)
990 Year Remaining Lease Term. £0 ground rent.
Current Service Charge - £2,720 pa (covers planned maintenance, buildings insurance and communal gardens/grounds upkeep.
£30 pa private road (Stoneswood Road) service charge
We understand that there is a right of way over a footpath to the south of the grounds, which provides a shortcut to Hurst Green railway station.
Market your property
with James Millard
Book a market appraisal for your property today. Our virtual options are still available if you prefer.