Nestled attractively in its mature, leafy plot and enjoying an unspoilt outlook over protected countryside to front and rear, this well-proportioned detached home offers spacious accommodation to include three double-sized bedrooms and bath/shower rooms to both floors. Well-maintained over the years, the property offers exciting potential for a new owner to improve to taste, with significant scope for further enlargement, subject to necessary permissions being obtained. As well as being suitably located for a diverse selection of schooling options from both the state and independent sector, the house is also commuter-friendly, with Oyster Zone 6 Chelsfield and Orpington stations accessible within a short drive.
- SOUGHT-AFTER SEMI-RURAL HAMLET
- PEACEFUL LOCALE
- ATTRACTIVE VIEWS TO FRONT & REAR
- ESTABLISHED PLOT OF CIRCA 0.5 ACRES
- SCOPE TO IMPROVE & EXTEND (STPP)
- COUNTRYSIDE WALKS FROM THE DOORSTEP
- THREE BEDROOMS
- EASY ACCESS TO OYSTER ZONE 6 STATIONS (CHELSFIELD 4.4 MILES & ORPINGTON 5.5 MILES)
- BIGGIN HILL AMENITIES - 2.3 MILES
- PLENTIFUL DRIVEWAY PARKING & GARAGE
POINTS OF NOTE:
• Welcoming entrance hall with a bespoke open tread staircase rising to the first floor. Door to a full bathroom encompassing a panelled bath with shower over, pedestal basin and WC.
• Generously proportioned sitting room extending to over 19 feet, benefitting from a triple aspect - bathing the space in a superb quality of natural light - and providing a leafy outlook over both front and rear gardens, with sliding doors accessing a sheltered, vine-clad veranda. Feature, open fireplace (currently not in use) incorporating a brick surround and quarry tiled mantle. Double doors opening to the adjacent:
• Dining room with an attractive curved bay window delivering a pleasant view over the rear garden.
• Kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a range of traditional wooden base and wall cabinets with tiled splashbacks and tongue and groove wall-panelling. Inset 1.5 bowl stainless steel sink with drainer and mixer tap, integrated dishwasher and space/connection for a freestanding cooker. Space/plumbing for a washing machine. From the kitchen a lobby provides access to a shelved walk-in larder, the garage and a most useful boot room with a wall-mounted gas-fired boiler and door to the garden.
• Principal bedroom extending the full depth of the property and enjoying a bright triple aspect with far-reaching countryside vistas. Fitted wardobes to one wall and plenty of space for ancillary storage furniture.
• Two further well-proportioned bedrooms, both enjoying garden outlooks.
• Modern shower room with corner enclosure and Aqualisa quartz system, vanity console with inset basin and concealed cistern WC. Localised ceramic wall-tiling.
• Part-galleried upper landing with airing cupboard.
• The established rear garden extending to circa 140 feet is a joyous feature of the proposition, providing peace, seclusion and enjoying a picturesque treetop backdrop. Incorporating a family-friendly level lawn, the diverse planting delights through the seasons and is the perfect haven for children and pets alike. A majestic maple is a stand-out feature with a summerhouse a further charming addition.
• The property is set behind low-level hedging with a block paved driveway sweeping invitingly towards the front door, garage and adjacent car-port, as well as accommodating multiple vehicles with ease. Level lawn, borders well-stocked with herbaceous perennials and shrubs and several mature trees, provide a picturesque accompaniment
Berry’s Green is located approximately three miles from the centre of Westerham and two miles from the amenities of Biggin Hill, which include a wide selection of restaurants, local shops, Waitrose and Tesco supermarkets, as well as a modern library and swimming pool. The hamlet is surrounded by Green Belt countryside offering a diversity of walking routes. A number of well regarded schools are situated within the vicinity, including Cudham Primary School and Darwin Secondary School close by and Newstead Wood and St Olave’s grammar schools in Orpington. Excellent leisure facilities in the vicinity include Cherry Lodge and Westerham golf courses.
SERVICES, OUTGOINGS & INFORMATION:
Mains electricity, gas, water and drainage. (LPG gas for supplementary electric generator)
Council Tax Band: G Bromley London Borough
Hosey Common, Hosey Hill, Westerham£795,000
CHAIN FREE - Attached home forming part of a unique Victorian school conversion, benefitting from an additional private garden area, garage and driveway parking and set amidst the leafy backdrop of Hosey Common.
Steeped in history and constructed from locally quarried ragstone, this character-laden property offers versatile accommodation arranged over two floors, with excellent scope to add one's own personal stamp.
The historic High Street with its wide selection of day-to-day amenities is within pleasant strolling distance, as well as extensive Greenbelt countryside, with a plethora of idyllic walks waiting to be enjoyed from the doorstep.
Trotts Lane, Westerham£750,000
Detached mid-century-modern home located in a most sought after private cul-de-sac, within just a few minutes’ walk of the town.
Dating to the early 1950s, the property offers well-proportioned and neatly presented accommodation to include three bedrooms, a dual aspect sitting room with open fireplace, dining room, recently refurbished kitchen and convenient cloakroom.
The property enjoys particularly fine, far-reaching views from the first floor windows, taking in The North Downs, St Mary's Church spire and The Squerryes Estate, whilst the internal linking spaces are generously sized, with attractive original oak block flooring running throughout the ground floor.
Externally, the property benefits from mature and well-tended gardens to front and rear with an integral single garage and driveway parking completing the proposition.
Hosey Hill, Westerham£750,000
Nestling in the wooded hills to the south of Westerham, this attractive detached home occupies a peaceful and secluded position within an exclusive, private enclave.
Dating to the 1930s and accompanied by mature, manageable gardens, this characterful cottage offers pleasingly proportioned accommodation to include three double sized bedrooms, an open-plan sitting/dining room complete with fireplace, well-appointed kitchen/breakfast room and convenient ground floor cloakroom.
Storage has been thoughtfully included throughout and to the front there is driveway parking.
The historic High Street with its wide selection of day-to-day amenities is within easy reach, as well as extensive open countryside, with a plethora of idyllic walks waiting to be enjoyed from the doorstep.
Overlooking The Green, Westerham£750,000
A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO ACQUIRE A SLICE OF HISTORY! James Millard Estate Agents are proud to offer to market this imposing chain-free home, understood to have once served as the town jail and forming an integral part of the historic street scene behind's Westerham's distinctive green.
Owned by the same family for more than a century and sensitively modernised over the years, this truly unique property boasts a host of original features to include exposed stonework and timbers, fireplaces, joinery and sash windows, as well as elevated ceiling heights which bestow a striking sense of grandeur. Thick exterior walls also ensure that the property remains warm during the colder months whilst being a cool haven over summer.
Neutrally presented throughout and orientated over three floors affording stunning far-reaching views to both north and south, the property offers well-balanced accommodation with excellent scope for an imaginative new owner to adapt to taste (subject to necessary permissions being obtained) and add their own stylistic stamp.
Externally, there is a pleasantly secluded and well-established part walled garden extending to circa seventy feet with an attractive aspect towards St Mary’s Church.
Residents’ parking via permit is located directly to the front and your viewing is encouraged to appreciate both the charm and practicality of this characterful home.
Canville Rise, Westerham£699,950
** SURPRISINGLY RE-AVAILABLE DUE TO BEHIND CHAIN BREAK ** Rare opportunity to acquire one of only a pair of the Tenterden house-type built by Linden Homes in 2018 within the well-regarded Ivies development, located within a short stroll from Westerham’s historic High Street.
Immaculately presented throughout and stylishly upgraded by the present owner, the property offers spacious, neutrally decorated accommodation to include a luxuriously appointed principal suite, two further bedrooms, contemporary kitchen with integrated appliances and a generously proportioned sitting room with garden access and focal fireplace.
The sunny, south-facing garden is a haven of peace and tranquillity with its attractive landscaping, to include granite paving and low-maintenance evergreen borders.
Private driveway parking for two cars directly to the front confirms this home as a most convenient and appealing choice.
Hosey Common, Hosey Hill, Westerham£695,000
CHAIN FREE - Link-detached house for general improvement and potential enlargement (STPP), located in the favoured Hosey Common area on the southern periphery of the town and enjoying a level, south-facing garden.
The property benefits from a largely open-plan living arrangement, together with three double-sized bedrooms, all of which encompass built-in storage.
Although currently there is no driveway parking, this - potentially together with garaging - could be established within the curtilage.
Your viewing is encouraged to appreciate all this rare opportunity presents.
AGENT’S NOTE: The property has been continually occupied until recently and we are advised that both the kitchen and bathroom are in working order.